About Whole-health and Body, in Christ: The Introduction

 Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Whole-health and Body, in Christ (W.B.C.) is about the Believer & his/her quest to become whole, perfect & entire in God. We were saved by His grace, through faith in His Son (Eph. 2:8) and this same grace follows us in EVERY endeavor we make to please the Lord. God not only desires for us to be pure, holy, & sanctified spiritually but He also desires for us to be healthy & fit to serve Him in every way.


3 John 2 "Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers."


W.B.C. admonishes all believers to embrace God's medicine; nature. Many Christians (especially Christians who are very active in a local congregation) go their entire lives unaware of the role they play in being a good steward over their physical bodies. Yes, please continue to pray for good health but take action also. I know that from my experiences, many African American church goers are riddled with disease & sickness in their bodies due to poor diets & lack of exercise. It amazes me how many Black church-goers that I see who are morbidly obese or have hypertension resulting in poor blood circulation & strokes, high cholestorol resulting in heart attacks & valve & artery problems, & high insulin levels resulting in diabetes. Enough of the Sunday soulfood dinners every week & the Popeye's chicken or Hometown Buffets/Ryan's/Golden Corral after every Sunday service. Enough w/ the chicken fries, fish fries, & bake sales people. Get it together now. Many Black churches encourage Christians to pray for the Lord to heal their diseases, which He is able to & will if He sees fit as the word tells us (Psalms 103:3), however the word admonishes us to honor the Lord in our bodies to begin with (1 Cor. 6:19-20), which many Black preachers fail to do.


I myself am what many would consider obese. You may think: "How can an obese person admonish ANYONE to be in good health?" Simple: by changing their lifestyle. With God's grace, I am 50 lbs lighter than I was in May of 2010 & my Body Mass Index (BMI) has decreased by 7%. Not only have I lost weight but my complexion is literally shades lighter & my natural hair has grown significantly. (See youtube link below) This was my movitation to start this blog. Need I say more? Don't fall for the okey doke; just b/c you're thin doesn't mean you're healthy. Plenty of thin Americans die from all kinds of diseases. Be not deceived. Although I am aspiring to be much smaller than I am now, the progress has been significant & the drive to continue on is even more significant. Not to sound cliche, it's not where you've been or where you are; it's where you're going.


To all believers who are in the process or have embarked upon a journey of whole health & physical fitness, good job! Know that you can do all things through Christ which strengthens you :). Please be encouraged brethren. I know it is hard but the same Spirit Who raised Jesus from the dead is the same Spirit Who shall quicken your mortal body (Rom. 8:11).


Stay tuned for updates, recipes, regimens, tips & testimonials as I (we) continue on the path to righteousness, revitalization, renewed minds & health!


Godspeed


[Don't forget to follow the link] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33NRsqmm2ZE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP